Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

Smelly Henry

Monday is housework day chez Morvah so today I'm grateful for my little vacuum cleaner whose  smiley face belies its true nature and purpose which is to fill the house with the fragrance of 'Old damp dog, lately cavorting in foul marsh' while it does its job of sucking up our filth. So I'm thankful for nice smells again; the room spray of fresh roses that I made before Christmas comes into its own on Mondays.  Thankfully, open windows are at last an option again, and it's possible - if a tad ambitious - to hang washing outside, it seems so long....
     I'm grateful for little snippets of interest and amusement from my friends on facebook. I like that it's possible to  'chat' in real time sometimes or to take hours or days over a conversation, or just send a smile or blow a kiss if there's no time, so thankyou all of you - you make my day better by being there.  Of course it's also a source of learning and I'm grateful also to those of you who teach me so much about so many things ~ we're all learning together perhaps, even we old'uns! My long love of astrology, studied alone for the best part of thirty years has been enhanced  so much by finding the astrology community online ~ thank you all.
  
                                                                                                                                                                                  
We've lived in this street, with a couple of short breaks, for seventeen years. In that time we have lived in three of its eleven houses and made gardens in all of them. Sadly two of them have been cleared away for the purpose of displaying rank weeds and rubbish. The first is next door to where we now live and has been stripped repeatedly of any sign of survivors of my planting and left to long grass and mud - until this winter a new tenant has arrived and started to dig over the garden. She has struggled through  water and mud to get it done and planted up. She's very young and keen and we can't wait to see flowers over the garden wall again so I'm grateful for my lovely young neighbour and to all those who make gardens everywhere, Spring is on its way!                                                                                                                                                      
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news! And the birds are all loved up..A little way to go but spring doesn't wait for nice weather - something new every day :)

    ReplyDelete